Did anyone mention copyright on this platform (Youtube) ;) ?
Update on the music :
- listening to all 12 recordings, my favourites are Anna Netrebko and Angela Gheorgiu (waow, both super pretty in these videos). Maria Callas does a lousy job (too fast), Montserrat Caballé sings like a wagnerian character, Kathleen Battle doesn't have much of a voice... Kiri Te Kanawa comes a close 3rd.
- Should I do these selections more often ? ;D
Update on my tests of the YouTube playlist player:
- The 'jukebox' player of youtube is too big to fit nicely in a page. 720px can't be resized.
- Creation of an automatic favourite player is limited to 10 songs only. All the older ones are dropped.
- Finding the Favourite section to adjust the list is hard. No way to reorganize the order.
- Creating a new playlist is easy, no way to readjust the order.
- The player in itself is not exportable (no HTML code for the playlist, only for the videos)
- no titles displayed when playing the clips.
- link to the author of the video displayed ungracefully below, sends to the author of the clip, not the author of the playlist
- nice customization of player, can be enhanced with many more colours, features
- player sometimes bugged : clicking on menu displays info of another video
- navigation of thumbs is limited, you have to click on < or > to get the next batch. Bugged, sometimes not displayed properly.
- no community features: send to a friend, blog, etc.
- when playlist is over stops. Does not loop nor offer community features.
- I didn't see an easy way to resize the player.
- nice, the youtube logo moves up and down, when displaying thumbs. At least you see their brand all the time. Too bad they don't own the rights to the content...
OK, I know I'm bragging, the vpod.tv playlist feature does almost all of these, and has been doing so for the past 12 months :)